Do you know that when you permanently delete your YouTube account, you also delete all the videos you have posted on the site, as well as all your responses, likes or dislikes and messages?
You can also choose to hide your YouTube account, a reversible step that temporarily removes your videos and playlists, although your channel page and name and your previous likes are still visible to other users.
Deleting a YouTube account only takes about a minute, but the action cannot be undone, so only continue if you are sure.
Go to the Business Insider homepage for more stories.
There are sufficient reasons to delete a YouTube account.
Maybe you no longer want to follow one of the YouTubers that you used to like, and it’s time to clean the house and start the platform again. Or maybe YouTube takes up too much of your time and you only have to escape once and for all.
No matter why you want to stop YouTube, the good news is that it is easy to delete a YouTube account.
Know that as soon as you delete your YouTube account, not only all your videos, playlists and subscriptions will disappear, but also your comments and likes, messages and all other traces of your YouTube account.
So just consider hiding your content, which is a reversible move that will nevertheless remove much of your presence from the site. Most steps to delete or hide a YouTube account are the same, so let’s get started.
Delete (or hide) your YouTube account
1. Go to YouTube in your desktop browser and make sure you are logged in.
2. Click on your account icon (this is an image or circle with a letter in it if you have not uploaded an avatar) in the upper right corner of the screen
3. Click on ‘Settings’ in the drop-down menu.
4. On the next page, click “Advanced Settings” at the bottom of the menu on the left.
5. Scroll down on the next page and click on “CHANNEL REMOVE.”
6. Check your password and then decide whether you simply want to hide your content; if so, click on “I want to hide my content” and check both boxes, all you need to do nextis to click on “HIDE MY CONTENT” in the blue box
7. To delete your account, click on “I want to permanently delete my content” and check the box. You then end the deed by touching the “DELETE MY CONTENT” box.