Discussing about WhatsApp, it has been a cross-platform instant messaging application that allows smartphone users to exchange texts, images, videos and audio messages for free despite your location.
It has 1.5 billion users that allow sending, archiving, highlighting and deleting messages.
Here are ways to recover messages that were previously deleted in WhatsApp
Recover WhatsApp data from Google Drive Backup
If you have a backup of your WhatsApp messages with Google Drive, you can recover deleted messages on WhatsApp through the backup.
- Delete WhatsApp on your device.
- Reinstall and log in to your account.
- You would receive a message to restore
your backup after opening WhatsApp reinstalled. Touch “Recover.” And the work is done!
NOTE: If you have never done a backup before, you cannot restore the data if it is accidentally deleted.
In addition, you cannot selectively select data and you must restore all files in the backup, even some that are useless.
Recover from a local file
If you do not have a Google Drive account associated with Whatsapp, there is another way to retrieve messages from a local file. Here we show you how to recover deleted WhatsApp chat history from a local file:
- Open the SDcard / WhatsApp / databases folder in File Manager. All chat backups are stored there. If there are no files, also check the main storage.
- You need to select the file you want to restore from the list. (The format must be msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12.) Change the name to msgstore.db.crypt12.
- Remove WhatsApp from your phone (if it is still on the phone) and reinstall it by downloading the latest version of Google Play.
- Enter the phone number you used previously during installation,
- In the “Recover chat history” window, click on “Recover” to import old chats and recover deleted WhatsApp messages.